This award recognizes Ms. Royster’s community leadership and highly effective strategies in merchandising, price optimization, automation, online ordering, delivery and pick-up
AUSTIN, TX – (June 13, 2016) – Revionics, a leading provider of End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solutions, extends its congratulations to Allison Rouse-Royster, Managing Partner for Rouses, a Gulf Coast chain with nearly 6,000 team members, for being recognized as a Progressive Grocer’s 2016 Top Women in Grocery for the senior-level executive category. This prestigious award honors the critical role women play across all areas of today’s dynamic retail food sector and recognizes the industry’s true executive innovators.
A third-generation grocer, Ms. Royster leads some 30 team members with many functions across Rouses’ 45 stores, including accounting, finance, IT, customer communications, social media and community relations. She was recently recognized with a “40 Under 40” award by Lafourche Parish. Ms. Royster serves as an advisor to the National Food and Beverage Foundation, where Rouses sponsors the Culinary Innovation Center and judged the Idea Village’s Food Challenge, which boosts entrepreneurial activity in the food and beverage industry.
“On behalf of all the team members at Rouses, I am truly honored by this industry recognition,” said Ms. Royster. “I am constantly driving myself and my teams to innovate around critical operational and customer-facing functions to implement initiatives that will have the desired results, and they rise to the challenge again and again. I’m proud of what we have accomplished in initiatives across merchandising, price optimization, automation and ordering and delivering systems, which in turn help us reach our business goals, scale for growth, streamline processes and enhance customer loyalty. At the same time we continue to invest in the communities we serve, which is the heartbeat of our business.”
This recognition, underscores the extraordinary achievements Ms. Royster and her team have achieved:
- Hitting gross profit targets amid merger and acquisition activity: In the wake of acquiring other grocery chains including Belle Foods, Ms. Royster drove efforts that hit the company’s gross profit targets through strategies such as creative in-store merchandising and applying Revionics’ price optimization solutions.
- Automation for scale and efficiency: Ms. Royster moved the organization away from manual processes and implemented a number of automation efforts, including:
- Automating the financial reporting process, which substantially reduced manual entry and enables rapid availability of financial results, as opposed to days or weeks later.
- Automating employee healthcare enrollment and reporting, which lets employees to update and access their information via employee kiosks, reducing paperwork and speeding processes.
- Online convenience for marine customers: Maintaining Rouses’ emphasis on local community needs, Ms. Royster and her IT team created an online ordering system, allowing marine customers to receive fresh and packaged goods much easier. Rouses has created a specialized Marine Supply operation, which allows offshore oil services and fishing industry customers to pick up Rouses groceries dockside or have them delivered.
“Our entire Revionics team congratulates Allison for receiving this award, which she richly deserves,” said Marc H. Hafner, CEO of Revionics. “As Rouses’ price optimization partner, we are proud to work with an organization that gives back generously to the communities they serve while continually adopting strategies and technologies that help ensure a customer-centric culture with healthy loyalty, competitiveness and profitability. Rouses’ strong community engagement and corporate citizenship set an example of what we can all strive for in our own communities.”
Progressive Grocer’s Chief Content Editor Meg Major noted, “Our judges carefully evaluated an unprecedented 630 qualified submissions to arrive at the final 385 outstanding honorees, each of whom went above and beyond their core responsibilities during the April 2015 – March 2016 measuring period to deliver exceptional results. We are privileged to recognize and congratulate each and every one of our 2016 Top Women in Grocery.”
In addition to being honored in the June issue of Progressive Grocer, the winners will receive their awards at Progressive Grocers’ 10th anniversary gala celebration, which will be held Thursday, November 10, 2016, in Orlando, Florida.
Congrats to @RousesMarkets Allison Rouse-Royster for winning the @pgrocer 2016 Top Women in Grocery Award! http://goo.gl/1whLc9 #retail
About Revionics, Inc.
Revionics is a proven leader in End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solutions. More than 62,000 retail locations around the world optimize with Revionics across 18,000,000+ products and 2.6 billion item/store combinations are modeled weekly. Revionics empowers retailers around the globe to profitably execute a data-driven omni-channel merchandising strategy by utilizing one of the most comprehensive set of shopper demand signals to increase financial performance and improve customer satisfaction. Revionics’ solutions are powered by unmatched demand-based science and advanced predictive analytics to help ensure retailers have the right product, price, promotion, placement and space allocation to drive business performance and seamless shopper experience – online, in-store, social and mobile. Delivered on a scalable, SaaS-based platform, Revionics solutions offer real-time insights and dynamic decisions at speed, scale and frequency, while providing fast ROI. Revionics has been recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ and JMP Securities’ Hot 100 Software Company. To learn how you can compete more profitably, please visit www.revionics.com.