This time of year always feels like some sort of otherworldly time warp experience to me. I inevitably get caught up in the blur of our annual Revionics Insight autumn retail summit and the holidays, and then it seems like NRF just looms up like a tanker on a foggy sea and threatens to swamp us all.
So this year I’m being mindful of getting into NRF gear a little earlier. Each year NRF presents a fantastic opportunity to connect with longtime retail industry folks as well as new acquaintances, and to immerse ourselves in where innovators are headed in this incredibly fast-evolving industry. With a theme of AI Pricing: From Theory to Reality, we have a laser-focus on enabling NRF attendees return after the Big Show with actionable approaches to harness AI in their own environments to generate enhanced margins and profitability while giving shoppers prices they love on the items they care most about.
Here are five things I’m psyched about already for NRF 2019:
- Helping retailers get ahead of their competitors (and catch up to their fast-paced customers!) with AI in pricing and promotions. In fact, we’ve got a webinar coming up on December 11 to give you great actionable content to absorb in advance of NRF – “From Theory to Reality: How AI Pricing will Transform Retail in 2019.” Moderated by Retail Leader Editor-in-Chief Mike Troy and featuring RSR’s Managing Partner Brian Kilcourse and Revionics Solutions Marketing Rod Martinez, this complimentary webinar helps you learn how to operationalize AI with prices and promotions. I encourage you to register today!
- At NRF itself in our Booth #3919, we’ll be sharing some hot-off-the-press findings from a recent Revionics-commissioned study by Forrester Consulting, “Retail Success Requires Personalized, AI-Driven Pricing Strategies.”i The study polled retailers in the U.S., Brazil, Germany, U.K. and France to explore how retailers view their customers’ opinions on various discounts, markdowns and promotions – finding some surprising points of disconnect – and giving retailers concrete recommendations on providing transparent, customized pricing to remain competitive. As you plan your top picks for exhibit floor destinations at NRF, we invite you to come by to get a complimentary copy of the study and discuss its implications with our experts.
- We’ve also got a couple of great Big Ideas panels with fast-paced and insightful dialog between our customers and leading industry analysts. Monday January 14 from 4:00 – 4:30 on Stage 2, you’ll find guest presenter Forrester VP and Principal Analyst Brendan Witcher talking about “Retailer-shopper disconnects: How do we close the divide?” with Family Dollar VP of Merchandising Services Apollo Whited and Revionics Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer Cheryl Sullivan. They’ll discuss how retailers incorporate AI and machine learning into their pricing and promotional strategies to deliver measurable ROI at every phase of adoption, responding to shopper signals to drive enhanced loyalty and craft relevant prices that engage customers while preserving margins. I encourage you to reserve your seat so you don’t miss a session that is sure to be standing room only.
- On Tuesday January 15 from 10:15- 11:00 on Stage 4, a discussion on “I, Retail: AI, Machine Learning and Other Massive Price and Promotion Game-Changers”will feature Constellation Research Principal Analyst and CEO R “Ray” Wang, Revionics Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer Cheryl Sullivan, and Drogaria Araujo Competitive Intelligence Manager Leo Lage. Again, in past years these sessions have filled to capacity and some would-be attendees were turned away, so you can pre-reserve a seat to make sure you gain access.
- And last but not least, talking in-person with longtime retail experts helping innovators harness AI pricing and promotions can help you jump-start your own pricing and promotions journey. Ask for one here for a private discussion with Revionics experts at Booth #3919.
See you at NRF!
i A Revionics-commissioned study conducted by Forrester Research, October 2018.